Essential Oils have been used for thousands of years for their many wonderful properties. Do you know which ones to use to enhance your yoga practice? Here is a little summary of powerful yet gentle essential oils to be used with yoga:
1- Essential oils and Pranayama (breathing and energy rise)
Looking for a natural boost to kick start your yoga practice or trying to maximize your pranayama session (breathing excercices leading to a flow of energy in the body)? Look no further...
- Eucalyptus Radiata: great stimulating fragrance and helps breathing
- Bergamote oil: uplifting and invigorating scent
- Peppermint (Mentha piperita): helps stimulate your body when applied locally.
- Lemon (Citrus limon): energizes and helps focus.
- Awaken Young Living Essential Oil Blend: helps bring about inner awareness and awakening.
2- Essential Oils, Relaxation, Positive & Focused Mind
As well as calming the mind and therefore helping you get into a more yogi state, focusing on your practice and enhancing your meditation, these essential oils are great at giving balance to your emotions and providing positiveness. Not only are they great when doing yoga or meditation, they are also a great ally to help you sleep!
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia): calms mind and body.
- Sweet Orange (Citrus aurantium dulcis): for peace and harmony.
- Peppermint (Mentha piperita): helps focus
- Jasmine (jasminum officinale): relaxes, soothes, uplifts, and enhances self-confidence.
- Neroli (Citrus aurantium amara): uplifting.
- Ylang-ylang (Cananga odorata): creates a calming environment.
- Peace & calming Young Living Blend: grounding.
3- Deep Meditation Mode with Essential Oils
Embarking on a spiritual journey? Looking to take your yoga practice to the next level? Theses oils will work wonders.
- Sacred Frankincense (Boswellia sacra): perfect to improve meditation and accompany your spiritual journey
- Harmony Young Living Essential Oil Blend: helps find balance and harmonize the energy
4- Essential Oils to Muscles Stiffness and Body Tensions
Your body feels a little tensed or stiff... here are some essential oils that will help reduce ackes and pain. These are to be used in massage, diluted in oil (such as arnica, almond etc.).
- Wintergreen (Gaultheria procumbens): releases muscles tension.
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia): relaxes muscles, blends perfectly with wintergreen.
- Peppermint (Mentha piperita): cooling effect.
- Idaho Balsam Fir: soothing effect on discomforts after exercise.
As a bonus, here is a great infographic coming from Young Living Website: